How to Become / Find a Public Notary 6/2010
- Notaries are appointed by the Idaho Secretary of State for terms of six years. Each applicant for appointment must:
- Be at least 18 years old
- Be a resident of or employed in the state of Idaho
- Be able to read and write the English language
- Not have been removed from office for misconduct nor convicted of a serious crime within the last ten years.
- United States citizens and lawful resident aliens may be appointed as notaries.
Get the Idaho Public Notary Handbook and application online at: http://www.idsos.state.id.us/notary/handbook.pdf or by calling 1-208-332-2810.
How can I find an Idaho Public Notary?
You can search for an Idaho Public Notary online at: http://www.sos.idaho.gov/online/notary/notarySearch.jsp or by calling 1-208-332-2810. Or you can check your local yellow pages under ‘Notaries Public’.